Last week was busy.

Jose had marching band rehearsals, and also began his work at One Lincoln Park just around the corner from where we live.

Thursday morning Jose, Flyer and I left at 8:00am for Fowler, Indiana, arriving shortly after 11:00am. Jose and I joined Destin and the high school’s band director, Pete Frasso, for lunch at a little place called Dan Patch. Neat place with lots of character.

Pete and I talked for a good hour after Destin left for a meeting.

We drove on over to the house and chatted with Stacia and Norma for a while. Parker woke up from his nap and was thrilled to see Jose. Fred was smiles, as usual.

We ate on the deck, and then went in to town to water Norma’s flowers (she just had foot surgery). Afterwards we went to the Fudge Shop for ice cream.


Stacia took Parker to the doctor, so Jose and I watched Fred.  I went in to town to get some things I had forgotten to pack, and when I returned I took some sinus medication which knocked me out.

Mother arrived around 4:00pm, and we ate dinner on the deck, again. Later, Mother, Destin, Jose and I drove to Kentland to get some ice cream, and then drove back through a darkened Fowler which was experiencing an electrical outage.


We ate breakfast, showered, and then spent time talking. I really do not remember what we did after lunch. I know I took a short nap on the sofa. Mother left around 3:00pm, and Destin, Jose and I headed to the school to make sure each teacher had a sign on their door for Monday.

We went home to pick up Stacia and the boys, and went to the park. Afterward, we went to The Hundred Cafe for supper. Always a delicious meal there.

Destin, Jose and I ran some errands, and drove around Fowler, enjoying the remainder of the evening. We watched a little of the Olympics and then I headed to bed.


Church at 9:00am; lunch at The Hundred with the family and Norma. Returned to the farm and changed clothes, packed the car, and was on the road by 12:40pm. We arrived in Kettering at 3:50pm, unpacked the car, watered flowers, got Chinese, and then I taught a lesson from 7:00pm-8:00pm. Ran to Kroger for some lunch items, and returned home to get my week ready.


Jose has band rehearsal and work… his Monday will start with band at 9:00am-3:00pm, and work from 3:45pm-8:00pm.

I will leave for Beavercreek High School at 7:45am to direct their show choir band for the week. Sharon Busch called me Wednesday with an urgent request – their band director is ill and cannot return for camp. So I will direct from 9:00am-3:00pm, rush home and teach. Tuesday and Wednesday are the same, Thursday a half day at BHS, and all day on Friday.

Saturday, Jose is in rehearsal all day from 9am-3pm. So, hopefully, I will get some writing time in.

School begins August 26th, and then Destin, Stacia, Parker and Fred, and hopefully, Mother, will be here for the weekend. I am really looking forward to that weekend.